: 0208 985 7120

Anti-social behaviour

We expect you to be a good neighbour. This means:

  • avoiding confrontation
  • keeping noise to a minimum, especially at night and early in the morning
  • warning your neighbours before holding a party – and not having them regularly
  • not dumping rubbish on your estate, and
  • taking full responsibility for your children.

Above all, we do not put up with people being harassed or discriminated against for any reason.

Reporting anti-social behaviour

We are committed to tackling anti-social behaviour fairly and consistently, and we are ready to take action.

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour we need to know. You can report it yourself, or get someone to do so on your behalf. We are happy to hear from witnesses too.

You can report anti-social behaviour to us by:

When you report anti-social behaviour, your case is reviewed by a Tenancy Services Officer. They will contact you within two working days (or one working day, if someone is being harassed), to tell you what will happen next. They may decide to visit everyone involved within an agreed number of days.

In a serious case, we may involve the police or other organisations, and we can consider taking action against someone’s tenancy.

However, in some cases, the problem may really come down to a disagreement between neighbours or a difference in lifestyle. We won’t be able to take action, but we can encourage you to sort the problem out together or consider mediation – either carried out by our staff or a specialist service.

We don’t look into complaints that are made anonymously.

For more details about our approach to anti-social behaviour, download our policy document.

Domestic violence

If you are experiencing domestic violence – which can include verbal and mental abuse, as well as physical violence and threats – please contact us for advice. There are laws to protect you and people who can deal confidentially with your case.

In an emergency, dial 999 for the police. For a non-emergency, call the police on 101.

For more details about our approach to anti-social behaviour, download our policy document.

Noise nuisance

Councils have a duty to tackle unreasonable noise, including outside office hours. Because they have more power over noise nuisance than a housing association, we recommend getting their support, if you are suffering from this problem.

National helplines

National Domestic Violence Helpline
Phone 0808 2000 247 (24-hour freephone)
Run by Refuge/Women’s Aid

Muslim Community Helpline
Phone 020 8904 8193 or 020 8908 6715

Broken Rainbow
Phone 0300 999 5428 or 08452 60 44 60
National Helpline for LGBT people experiencing domestic abuse.

Men’s Advice Line
Phone 0808 801 0327
For men experiencing domestic violence