: 0208 985 7120

Taking in a lodger

If you are entitled to take in a lodger (see Lodgers and sub-letting), you will need to give us their name, age, sex and what part of your home they will live in. You must not overcrowd your home, or move out to sub-let the whole of your home – because this is illegal.

When you have a lodger, remember that:

  • it may affect your benefits
  • you can’t give your lodger any security of tenure, and
  • you are responsible for your lodger’s behaviour in your home and on your estate.